Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pissing perfume


AOG, London

As you may gather from reading this blog, I live in Spain. Although I have little time for tv, I do find that whenever I watch Spanish tv, I hanker for cable. Spanish tv is really awful. They are celeb-obsessed there. And in Spain, local celebs rule. Much like in the UK, people with no talent trip over themselves to appear on tv. Or as the Spanish like to say, they "piss perfume" for the opportunity to be on tv. Exaggerated but accurate.

Because of this state of affairs, today I found myself at HMV Picadilly. And there it was. Frasier. His series 1,3 and 4 on sale. Series 2 was not on sale. When I asked the sales guy he suggested ("I'm not supposed to say this but...") I tried Virgin across the road. I did. It worked. I now have Frasier series 1-4 on DVD. I wonder if I'll have much time in Madrid to watch it. I am almost 50% through Red Dwarf series 1-8. And I have yet to open Little Britain 3. I think I might be addicted to comedy. Or is it that Spanish tv is really that bad?

No comments: