Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Writing buddies Madrid; Chapter One

AOG, Madrid

Last week I posted an ad on the internet looking for writing buddies in Madrid. Yet another attempt to make a life here resemble slightly the life in London. Not that I hanker for London, but some things have been put away for too long. I need to write again. I need support. And writing buddies is going to have to do. My friend Regine is in Berlin, and the other ones are in London. I have to do this.

I met with one last thursday. We spoke much and wrote nothing. I was due to meet another guy last friday but it was impossible. So I might meet him this wednesday. I met another chap tonight. He's from Huesca province. And 23. Younger than I.

He told me about the way he envisions his death- out in the open Cantabrian sea when he is an old man. Isn't that exciting? he asked. He is 23. Very approachable and friendly. He smokes a lot. But this is Spain, so that is to be expected.

The two I've met thus far are very nice, if eccentric in their own way. As I suppose I must be too. I am glad I met tonight's writing buddie. I did some freewriting with him which I have not done in a long while. Mostly nonsene, but, My written nonsense! He was very complementary about my writing and when I asked if he'd like to meet again, he put his hands together and said "please". I think that is one of the nicest compliments I've had in a long time.

Yesterday the weather in Madrid was lovely. Sunny with a very light breeze. Today's weather was nothing to do with yesterday. It was cold and windy. I think it might rain tomorrow.

No comments: